2020 was indeed a challenging year. The world faced one of the biggest nightmares, and at the same time it was the turning point when people realized what was really important to them. We spent more time with our families indoors which showed us that sometimes we have to slow down and appreciate our loved ones more. We started planning our next big adventures together, hoping for brighter days.
2020 was also the year of our 30th birthday. What a strange year to celebrate! But we have not given up on our mission to show the beauty of Bulgaria to the people. And there were some who even mustered up the courage to travel in 2020. It was the best gift for our birthday.
Now we are already in 2021 and we dare to dream of new adventures and more moments of true happiness. We hope that travel will be allowed soon and that we could welcome you with open arms in Bulgaria. If you haven’t yet decided whether Bulgaria is your holiday destination, perhaps these few facts will make you reconsider your decision:
- Did you know that Bulgaria is one of the oldest states in Europe? It was founded in the 7th century AD and has not changed its name since. You can still see remains of Thracian, Roman and Byzantine settlements dating back centuries.
- Did you know that Bulgaria is crossed by historically important routes – from northern and eastern Europe to the Mediterranean basin and from western and central Europe to the Middle East. Some people say that Bulgaria is the place where Europe meets the Orient. That is why the Bulgarian cuisine is so delicious combining Mediterranean and Oriental flavors.
- Did you know that Bulgaria is one of the largest rose oil producers in the world? The rose oil is good for your skin, it decreases anxiety and stress and we must not forget that it smells great.
- Did you know that Bulgaria introduced the yogurt to the West and turned it into the popular product we know today? The Bulgarian yogurt is thick, creamy and extremely tasty so once you are here, you should try it.
- Did you know that Bulgaria is one of the leading countries in Europe in terms of biodiversity? With 7 mountain ranges that cover 30% of the land area and crossed by 32.000 km of trails, Bulgaria offers great opportunities for hiking, biking, trail-running, climbing, etc.
These are some of the few things that will captivate you about Bulgaria. We will be happy to tell you more!
The mask of Seuthes III